Agriturismo Monti Sibillini
where we are
Montemonaco is a common little one in the heart of the National Park of the Sibillini Mounts, in province of Ascoli Piceno, to 1080 meters s.l.m in front of like more elevated of the Sibillini. It offers a wonderful panorama from mounts to the Adriatic sea. The historical center, conserve still the characteristic structure of encircled medioevale village from walls acstellane, with imposing buildings in sandstone stone. The peculiarietà of the center possesses all mounts: natural atmosphere incontaminato, garden, forests of faggio and chestnut tree near the country, waters to read and healthy, pure and fresh air d' summer. Numerous and pleasant receptive structures offer various stay possibilities, sport and rest, let alone l' occasion to taste the genuine and gustose gastronomiche specialties of the mountain tradition. Its name " Mount of the Monaco, at the end derives from monaci the Benedictines first colonizzatori of these zones dell' 800 while the proclamation of the free municipality happened around 1250. In order to defend the inhabitants of the country they constructed, with l' aid of masters Lombardic masons, the high ones walls in tufo local spaced out from sturdy towers. Fairs and intlleranti of every servitude frequently knew opporsi to the onslaughts of Francisco Sforza and Niccolò Piccinino and the municipalities limitrofiche insediavano the borders of the community. The municipal statutos that drew cue from those Benedictines definitively were printed in 1545 while in 1549 center to that time of the Pretore, the Priori, and the Council came built up the Communal Palace that trained the city life. Montemonaco from always numbered between the making cities part of the Garrisoned Farfense later on all' election of Pope Sisto V° was combined to the garrisoned one of Montalto from He created passing from the diocese of Fermo to that of Montalto. TO SEE: It walls medioevali in tufo local with towers to square plant. SAINT CHURCH BENEDICT (sec.XVI): I fresco of the crocifissione, ligneo mercy in terracotta and crocifisso (marchigiana art, sec xv), reliquiario d' containing silver the boneses of the arm of Saint Benedict from Norcia, work dell' orafo Cristoforo from Norcia (sec.XVI). CHURCH OF SAINT GIOVANNI BATISTE (sec.XIV): burlap " The VERGINE OF the SOCCORSO" (1520) of painter Giulio Vergari. SAINT CHURCH GEORGE (sec. X) to 4 km from Montemonaco in Comunanza direction. Romanesque church to two navate with bell tower on the forehead. All' inside: it frescoes of school bizantina nell' apse, " Saint George and the drago" (1555) of Giacomo Agnelli. CHURCH OF SAINT LORENZO (sec XII) to 7 km from Montemonaco in Montegallo direction. Romanesque church to navata only with bell tower on the side. All' inside: it cripta to two free colonnine and six leaned with capitelli of several fogge; two bassorilievi on sandstone stone slabs with scenes of dell' Ancient and New Testament. SAINT CHURCH MARIA IN CASALICCHIO (sec XIII) to 5 km from Montemonaco in direzioe Foce. Gotica church to two navate with times frescoed from Vitruccio Vergari (sec. XV).